Listing Ultimate Beneficiary Owners (UBOs)
Ordinance 2016-1635 of December 1, 2016 made it an obligation for unlisted companies and legal entities registered with the RCS to disclose information on their beneficiary owners .
Legal entities, registered at the RCS:
- Branches of foreign firms
- Companies and groups with headquarters in France
- All other entities whose registration is mandated by law
Who/what is an Ultimate Beneficiary Owner (UBO):
A beneficial owner is any natural person who directly or indirectly holds more than 25% of the capital or voting rights or, failing that, the person exercising control over the management bodies or the general meeting of shareholders.
What information must be reported ?
The president of the commercial court may require the company to declare the list of beneficial owners.Failure to file with the Trade and Companies Register (RCS) the list of beneficial owners or filing a document with incomplete or inaccurate information is punishable by a fine of € 7500 and 6 months’ imprisonment. These individuals may also incur a management ban.
International Business Services Department
- Dépôt au registre des bénéficiaires effectifs
- Ordonnance n°2016-1635 du 1er décembre 2016
- Décret n°2017-1094 du 12 juin 2017